Nickel Boron Nitride Composite
Electroless Phosphorous Nickel Plating System
The Millennium KR process, an electroless phosphorous nickel plating system, incorporates nickel boron nitride as occluded particles in a medium phosphorous nickel matrix. This electroless phosphorous nickel plating system will produce a consistently uniform deposit of nickel and boron per your specification.
- Slick and abrasion resistant, Millennium KR can be applied to a variety of metals and is ideal for extending the life of light metals (e.g. aluminum) with its hardness.
- Millennium KR provides a very low coefficient of friction in wear applications without the reduction in hardness experienced with EN/PTFE composites.
- Unlike the EN/PTFE composites, Millennium KR deposits can be heat treated to 68 Rc producing an extremely slick, abrasion and wear- resistant coating.
- Millennium KR can be applied to a variety of metals and are especially useful in extending the life of light metals such as aluminum.
- Typically contains 6% to 8% by weight of occluded nickel boron nitride particles. Higher and lower particle inclusions can be obtained to match a specific application.
- Millennium KR concentrates are manufactured under Statistical Process Control to ensure quality and consistency.
Properties & Characteristics